Please find your name below to review the status of your application. If you do not see your name, we either have not received your application, or it was received after the date below and will be included in our next update (every 1-2 weeks).
UPDATED 14th August 2019, 11:13am EST
Jasmina F - we are waiting on your references
Nadine M - Waiting for Diana’s reply (or Need from you: an email address for a new reference)
Robert L - Need from you: Psittacosis and PBFD results for the birds in your home; Waiting on Jamie’s reply (emailed twice); Which city and state do you live in?
VOLUNTEERS: What next?
We will contact your landlord first if you rent your home and want to foster - tell them to expect our email/check their spam -, and then a representative from Connecticut Parrot Rescue will email your references. We THEN call you to answer all your questions. Once these steps are completed, you will receive an email to invite you to volunteer training.
Adriana S - waiting on both your references
Andrea L - waiting on your references
Amy G - waiting on your references
Ashley H - waiting on your references
Ashley S - Need contact info for your landlord, waiting on your references
Brian F - we need Psittacosis and PBFD test result for your birds
Bianca R - we need contact info for your parents and 2 updated references
Cynthia P - we need 1 new reference
Dee W - Waiting on landlord approval and references
Rosemary O - We need vetting for your current birds
Lisa H - We need vetting for your current birds
Juan L - we need Psittacosis and PBFD test for your bird
Mickey S - we need your landlords approval
Natasha B - We need references and your landlords approval
Paula V - Waiting for Maureen to complete the reference form
Shelley G - We need landlord contact information and vetting of your current birds
Wojtek P - We need new references
We have not heard back from you.
Unless you email us and tell us not to, we will make your application inactive.
Abdulla AM - Need from you: Landlord’s email address; Waiting for your references’ replies (emailed twice)
ADOPTIONS: What next?
We will contact your landlord first if you rent your home - tell them to expect our email/check their spam -, and then a representative from Connecticut Parrot Rescue will email your references. We THEN call you to answer all your questions. Once these steps are completed, you will receive an email to set up your first visit to CTPR. All future correspondence will be completed by email.
- We do not allow same day adoptions - a minimum of 2 visits are required to ensure an optimal match as well as one visit with the parrot and a CTPR representative in your home.
- We require an initial home visit and may conduct a follow-up visit in your home with the parrot within 90 days of the adoption from CTPR.
- We will NOT adopt birds to homes that already have a bird of the same breed but a different gender. We do not support breeding; mistakes happen, and increased hormone levels in the birds can result in negative behaviors as well as can impact their health.
- By submitting an application you agree to CTPR's procedures and practices.
- CTPR is a completely volunteer-run organization. Please do not continue to email CTPR for a reply - you are adding to the delay.
- CTPR works with a network of other organizations. If we do not have the optimal parrot for you, we will keep your information on hand until another suitable parrot is available at CTPR and we will provide you with other rescues' contact information.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be able to adopt one of our parrots. Adoptions are approved at the sole discretion of Connecticut Parrot Rescue and its appointed representatives.
- All of our birds come with recent veterinary records and have groomed beaks, nails and wings. We strive to provide you with as much information about each bird as possible, however we do not always receive a complete history when a bird is surrendered or found.